Newport News, VA 23602
The Strength and Conditioning Coach provides knowledge, guidance, and training in the area of strength training and physical conditioning for all athletes under the direct and day-to-day supervision of the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach. The Strength and Conditioning Coach will be responsible for assisting with coordinating the day-to-day operations and programs within the fitness facility.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide athletes with guidance and proper training techniques in the strength and conditioning programs
- Aide in the development of in-season and out-of-season strength and conditioning programs for athletes.
- Lead and motivate athletes to maximize their potential.
- Maintain up-to-date records on the strength program of each team and specific individual workouts of every student-athlete.
- Provide general guidelines for nutrition, recovery, and general health practices.
- Remain current on all trends, methods, and innovations related to strength and conditioning.
- Ensure the physical, emotional, and social welfare of student-athletes.
- Establish and ensure a safe environment for student-athletes.
- Enforce weight room policies.
- Be present and punctual for all workouts with athletes (Any change in a scheduled workout must be approved by the head coach of each sport.)
- Attend staff meetings as required.
- Understand and agree to abide by the mission and values of Shockwave Strength and Performance.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and computer use.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must have flexible schedule.
Qualifications and Skills
- Certified Personal Trainer certification required. American Council on Exercise (ACE), National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), or American college of Sports Medicine (ACSM) preferred.
- Must obtain National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF) Certified Strength Coach (CSC) certification, or American Council on Exercise (ACE) Sports Conditioning Specialist certification, or National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) Performance Enhancement Specialization (PES) within 6 months of hire.
- CPR, First Aid, and AED certification required.
Disclaimer:The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These statements are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the personnel so classified.